Sunday, January 8, 2012

GOP Qualifications for Office

One of the most important thing that has come out of the Republican presidential debates is what the candidates see as their primary qualification for office.

What is it?

Vote for me because I'm the most conservative.

I have no program. I will learn on the job - and I I will learn to be even more conservative.

I will cut entitlement programs, because the rich do not want to pay for deadbeats.

I am also the most religious so I can be trusted.

If someone running for office told me I should vote for them because they are the most liberal and that was their main qualification they would not get my vote. I want to know what they stand for. What will they do to make my life better.

Besides cutting everything.

As they like to say in the business world, "You can't shrink your way to prosperity."

Candidates so keen on borrowing from the private sector may want to remember that.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

I'm concerned about the people who would vote for one of these characters Our educational system has failed. Critical thinking is sorely lacking. The only one who makes partial sense to me is Paul. I agree with everything he says about the wars.